Tuesday, October 26, 2010

You've got questions about web sites or computers, I've got answers

I can't even begin to describe how many times a week I am getting asked computer questions these days. Although I have never thought of myself as an expert in anything, I seem to have some knowledge about computers (I prefer Mac), web sites (Oy, don't get me started), and even other things that have a 'Six Degrees of Separation" type of association to web sites and computers. These types of things are:
  • Trademarks, patents, and copyrights - I own one of the former, the middle doesn't apply to me, and the latter is a joke. Yet, I do know how to do the paperwork, what to avoid, and how much its going to cost you.
  • Email - Why did your email program crash and say you are out of memory? Yes, I know this. 
  • Search engine optimization - I know a thing or two about SEO. Most of it I've learned on the job. 
  • Web hosting - Ah yes, I know all about web hosting. 
  • Suing people - I've tried my hand at suing, and I've won.
So,  this leads me to this weeks blog post. If you have questions about any of these things, however inane you might think that question is, ask me here or email me. I'm happy to answer. By asking you'll give me some help as well, as I am researching a series of articles on these very topics and trying to gauge exactly what people are interested in finding out.

Consider this free tech help, and if you can't think of a question now, ask me later. I'm always here or on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment