Friday, June 4, 2010

Winnipeg mother stabs her children and post partum depression is in the news again

Every single time I get off track writing my book, I see an article like this on my iGoogle page.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/819255--winnipeg-mother-faces-charges-in-children-s-stabbing

Once again, what appears to be a mother struggling with postpartum depression is in the news again. Is it just more publicized now, or are women going to extreme lengths to scream for help?

As someone who has struggled with brutal postpartum depression, I can't help but wonder whether this woman asked for help, or whether she was willing to take it if it was offered. So many times there is help available, but it is shunned due to breastfeeding, lack of support, or outright denial.

I sincerely hope the children make it through this ok, and that they have a supportive family to care for them as they work through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment